Old conversations and new ones

Last night I went to Arts Collinwood's gallery for the opening of Photography for New Conversations, and I left feeling completely recharged, as I often do from these kinds of events. I got a chance to talk more with some people I know, and meet some people I didn't know yet. As Jack pointed out to me, art openings are more about the people than the art on the walls. That must be true, because when I walked in, everybody was standing facing inwards....

Jack's photographs have great color and minute detail. I was delighted by Maurice's photos of bugs and other plant dwellers. I don't know if Maurice has a flickr photostream (Jack does) but my favorite photo of the night was Maurice's image of a translucent white slug on a fist-sized chunk of quartz. The contrasts between animal and mineral made my head spin, and besides, it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment