Fake Plastic Trees


Alice has been bugging me for a white Christmas tree for years. I've always resisted, because I love the smell of pine. When the budget didn't allow a real tree, we put up a fake green one, but a white tree just seemed like an affront to authenticity. Well, I gave in.

On the day after Thanksgiving Wal-Mart (I haven't set foot in one in years) had them on sale for $20. Somehow that became $135 after the sale ended and ornaments (also plastic), garland, and other frippery were included. The end result isn't offensive, mainly because it's so obviously fake - black and silver ornaments, not my grandmother's blown glass ones, make it just another decoration. Besides, it's not the main tree.

If we can find a black tophat at a costume store to put on top of the tree, then it will actually be cool.

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea!

    Possibly I could mail you mine? You would HAVE to send a picture, tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a black tophat?? I'll totally borrow it. See you in about eight hours!

    ReplyDelete