Hello, Officer

Our doorbell rang. After the second ring, we looked out the window and saw a cop car in our driveway. I put on a bathrobe and opened the front door. The officer said our mother-in-law, in Indianapolis, hadn't been able to get in touch with us for several days.

Really?

Yes.

I said, sorry for your trouble, officer. OK, Judy, we were fucking. I have not abducted your daughter. We pulled weeds today, watched a movie out on the patio, drank wine, and gratified our urges. That's all: fucking. OK?

1 comment:

  1. Now I know Jeff is really angry about this event and rightfully so, but I'm torn about what to do with my aging parents. They are frustrated that the more mentally healthy I get, the more I realize that they are inappropriate. They are upset that I distance myself more and more from them to keep from being sucked into their drama. They crossed the line, it's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last but I'm positive that they will be hurt no matter what I say which will result in additional bad behavior on their part. Say nothing and it might not get worse. So what do I do? They called me twice yesterday - do I answer every call to make sure they don't keep acting out? I don't want their behavior to infect me or my marriage and yet, this is the result when I don't. What's the balance when you have disfunctional people in your life that you cannot cut loose?

    ReplyDelete