Friend

Sometimes I surprise myself by who I choose to call friends. Not who I associate with, but who I actually use the word "friend" to describe. What is a friend?
  • Someone you choose to spend a lot of time with
  • Someone who would drop everything and rescue you if you called them and said "I'm in trouble"
  • Someone who can make you laugh or make you feel better when you're down
  • Someone who challenges you, teaches you, expands your world
  • Someone who knows you well and can put your thoughts into historical context
  • Someone you can call and spend time with for no particular reason
  • Someone who trusts you enough to let you hurt them, and would forgive you for it
Clearly it takes more than an icon or an entry in a drop-down menu to make a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment