Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Subaru R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Even H. P. Lovecraft could be terrified in the passenger seat of a Subaru BRZ.
from http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111202/CARREVIEWS/111209982
I want this car.  It's a stripped-down, affordable sports car:  light and tight, with rear wheel drive and modest horsepower.  What's wrong with other sports cars?  They're either too expensive or they don't handle well enough.  In most cases, the money goes into pointless horsepower.  The only exception to that is the Mazda Miata.

The public regards the Miata as a convertible "chick car", but I'll bet there are more Miatas with roll cages bolted into them than any other model of car.  There are *several* spec-Miata race series, several regional and national Miata racing clubs, and several aftermarket companies offering any kind of performance parts you care to bolt on.  It is precisely this community that the BRZ, and its cousin the Scion FT-86, hope to target.  And I love my wife's Miata.

2 comments:

  1. I have only managed to squeeze into the passenger seat of a Miata once. Fun car, just to small for a guy my height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is - in the passenger seat. For whatever reason, there is about 8" less legroom in a Miata's passenger seat than in the driver's seat. As the driver, at first I backed the seat all the way up, then I had to pull it forwards a notch.

    ReplyDelete