Plans made based on experiences elsewhere...

I'm headed to Albuquerque tomorrow. I've heard the concentration of Ph.D.s there is higher than anywhere else in America. This creates certain problems. I can relate - I know having a Ph.D. sometimes causes problems with my concentration.

As a result, to paraphrase former governor Lew Wallace, plans made based on experiences elsewhere regularly fail in New Mexico. I love this expression. I think it's highly versatile and I'd like to try adapting it to some other circumstances.

- plans made based on experiences elsewhere regularly fail in times of crisis.

- plans made based on experiences elsewhere regularly fail in Wile E. Coyote cartoons.

- plans made based on experiences elsewhere regularly fail in embarrassing ways.

- plans made based on experiences elsewhere regularly fail in bed.

- plans made based on experiences elsewhere regularly fail invisibly.